Five Ways to Pick a Winning Introductory Home Loan that’s right for you!
There are many things to consider when choosing a home loan that’s right for you. To an untrained eye an introductory home loan also known as honey moon loans can appear to be the cheapest on the market but you need to take into considerations the loan’s conditions. Even though the introductory interest rate is appealing you need to look at the bigger picture. Below are five ways you can pick a winning introductory home loan to ensure you are still happy after the honey moon period is over.
1. Check out the revert rate – that is, the interest rate the home loan will revert to at the end of the introductory period. Is it fixed or variable? Will you be locked into that rate and how long for?
2. What are the exit fees and when do they apply? Are there any upfront and ongoing fees?
3. Are you able to make extra payments during the introductory period? Or are you locked into only making the monthly required payments.
4. Check the comparison rate. Be sure to consider that it may not take into account every fee and charge that the loan incurs. How does the home loan measure up overall against the competition.
5. The loan features. What features does the loan have and are they right for you? Is it fully outlined, including those of the loan it reverts to after the honeymoon is over?
As you can see there is a lot more to picking a winning introductory home loan than just looking at the interest rate. Be sure to take everything into consideration, not just the honeymoon interest rate. We have seen many people get caught out and we don’t want you to be one of them.
Contact the team at Equity Access Australia and we will help you pick a winning introductory home loan that’s just right for you. Phone 1300 655 616 and let’s see what we can do for you and potentially save you $1000’s over the term of your home loan.